Yerevan City Tour
Yerevan, sometimes spelled Erevan is the capital and largest city of Armenia as well as one of the world's oldest continuously inhabited cities.Situated along the Hrazdan River, Yerevan is the administrative, cultural, and industrial center of the country. It has been the capital since 1918, the fourteenth in the history of Armenia and the seventh located in or around the Ararat plain. The city also serves as the seat of the Araratian Pontifical Diocese; the largest diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church and one of the oldest dioceses in the world.
Walking around the city centre is a phenomenal way to see the history of the city, from the Persian times to the Soviet periods. You will also get a glimpse at Yerevan’s modern side, with contemporary architecture, coffee shops and trendy restaurants being found along the alleyways and the main streets.
The views over the city while climbing the stairs are absolutely breathtaking, especially at night when the city lights up. It is certainly not to be missed.
What to see and what to do?
- Republic Square - Art Gallery, History Museum, Art Museum, Building
- Cascade Stairway and Museum - Library, Art Museum
- The Armenian Genocide Museum - Memorial, History Museum
- Vernissage Flea Market - Market
- Ararat Brandy Factory - Brewery
- Matenadaran - History Museum, Art Museum
... and many more